To ensure the health of children and staff, we ask that sick children not attend the ministry.
Young preschoolers are very susceptible to colds, flu, and other diseases. We realize a child's illness can be a difficult time for a parent, and it is often frustrating to rearrange your schedule to provide care for a sick child at home.
First Baptist Plainview desires to help eliminate these concerns as much as possible. This requires that our classrooms have the healthiest environment possible. The best way to prevent illness is to prevent exposure, With prevention in mind, we ask that parents keep preschoolers at home when any of the following signs of illness are present:
- Severe cold/sneezing
- Temperature of 99.6 or higher within the past 24 hours
- Persistent cough/sore throat or swollen glands
- Red or sore eyes/crust around lash area/pink eye
- Discharge from nose that is thick or not clear
- Undiagnosed skin eruptions or rashes
- Fainting or seizures
- Signs or symptoms compatible with communicable diseases
- Lice or nits within the past 24 hours.